PASSWORD PROTECTION ON WORD DOCUMENTS ON MAC AND PC
(Please note, the password used must be kept in a secure place and be communicated to the recipient. Decryption is not possible without the password set)
- iPages on Apple Mac
- Open the document you wish to protect
- Tap on the wrench icon to access “SETTINGS”
- Or go to File drop down menu and choose “SET PASSWORD”
- Choose “set password”, entering the password and a hint if you need to secure the document.
- When you save and close the document the preview is replaced with a lock icon indicating it has been password protected.
You can do this from remote on iCloud if you use this as your storage.
- Simply log into iCloud.com and open Pages app.
- Chose the Wrench Icon to access Settings and choose “SET PASSWORD”
- Confirm Password to secure the document
- Word Document Application on Apple Mac
- Click on Review
- Click on Protect document
- Enter Password for the document
For Older versions of Word for Apple Mac
- On Word Menu Click Preferences
- Under Personal Settings click Security
- In the Password to Open box, type the password then click OK
- In the Confirm Password dialog box, type password again and Click OK
- Click Save Icon
- Word Document Application on PC
- Click the File tab.
- Click Info.
- Click Protect Document, and then click Encrypt with Password.
- In the Encrypt Document box, type a password, and then click OK.
- In the Confirm Password box, type the password again, and then click OK.